Thursday, July 20, 2017

Y in Legacy is Yoke

Again I find myself posting for yesterday and today. But we laid a dear saint to rest yesterday and that took precedence.

The Y in Legacy stands for yoke with Christ. There is no way to go alone, but God is willing to yoke with us to help us leave His legacy.

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

Oftentimes I can let my guard down and feel comfortable, not remaining active in leaving this Christian heritage. Let's face it. When those around me make professions of faith, I can become lax. But this command stands all the days I'm still alive on this earth.

And honestly, friends, sometimes I just become weary. My pastor/hubby says that the pull downward is easier to allow than the pull upward. It's easy to think we are okay. We have enough of Jesus and we've done enough. But we should never let our enemy trick us into believing this lie.

The only way to remain faithful in leaving this legacy is to yoke with God. Just as the verse says above, He is the One to encourage and strengthen us for the task. I can't be satisfied because there are always those who need to know about Jesus and then learn to pass along their faith, so we never find ourselves in a place like the generation after Joshua who didn't know God or His ways.

I stay yoked by reading God's Word, praying, and attending Bible study at my church.

Remember, a yoke was used to harness two or more animals together. In this way, the animals could pull together, making them stronger than if they were alone. Now think of yourself yoked to God. Wow, the power and strength to be found in that!



How do you stay yoked to God?

No comments: