Monday, July 10, 2017

Timothy is Proof

"I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also." 2 Timothy 1:5

Paul is writing to Timothy, his prodigy. Obviously either Paul had met Timothy's mother and grandmother or he had heard of their faithful training to Timothy. At any rate, Paul recognized this legacy of faith that had been purposefully transmitted.

Because his grandmother and mother valued their faith, they wanted to transfer this to Timothy. This letter from Paul served as proof to their successful transmission of faith. Their Godly heritage lived on in Timothy.

When I return to the church where I grew up, I often have members come up to me and speak of my grandparents and what good people they were. My parents still attend that church, and I'm sure they are reminded of this Christian heritage that started with my grandparents.

When I see people out and about, they often ask about my parents and will proceed to speak highly of them.

Has anyone ever commented about your legacy of faith?

Who did they mention passed this legacy on to you and why?

I can't help but think of a song that expresses what I hope will happen with my Christian legacy.

I pray that all who come behind me find me faithful.

Click here to listen to the song, Find Us Faithful

No comments: