Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sunday is for Worship at Church Pt 2

In our house, we have decided that nothing comes before church attendance. My daughter was to be in a ballet recital. The dress rehearsal was scheduled for Wednesday evening at exactly the same time as our church's midweek service. I kindly informed the ballet mistress that my daughter wouldn't be in attendance. To compromise would mean that I believe if something else comes up, it's okay to do that instead of attending church.

I feel that by not allowing other activities to interfere with our church attendance, I am teaching my daughter the proper place for honoring God in our priorities.

When my daughter attends worship and Sunday school, her knowledge of the things of God increases and are reinforced. I thank God for those Sunday school teachers and youth leaders who help instill God's Word into children and youth each week.

Even if our schedule is busy, time for corporate worship must take priority. If we allow sports practice or other activities to take precedence over our church attendance, our children won't believe we truly honor God and put Him first.

People other than our children will also notice our worship attendance or lack thereof. We influence others in our family, neighbors, co-workers, and friends as well. They are watching to see what priority we place upon worshiping the God we serve.

To ensure a Christian legacy, we must "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy."

How do you combat an interference with church attendance or activity?

No comments: