Friday, July 7, 2017

Example and Integrity

God's instruction isn't just for our offspring as we saw yesterday. The next two verses in the passage from yesterday encourages us more in this Christian heritage passing.

"In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us." Titus 2:7-8

We are to set an example. Let's face it. People pay attention to what we say but they also pay closer attention to see if our words match our actions. Are we living this Christian life that we teach about?


Our teaching should show integrity. Integrity refers to being one of character and honesty, being upright and righteous. Again we can't expect someone to listen to our teaching if we aren't of good character and possess the right morals.

Notice the last part of the verses above imply that we be so full of integrity that those who oppose us would be ashamed because they can't find a bad thing to say against us.

I believe this is speaking directly to me as I'm trying to pass along this Godly legacy. I can teach all I want but its effectiveness is related to the type of person I am. Whew. That's heavy with responsibility. This passage begs to have me examine myself to make sure my integrity is intact and then to remain way above reproach for those around me.

What comes to your mind as you read these two verses?

No comments: