Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Can't Give What You Don't Have

Let's use the word, Legacy, as an acrostic. But I must warn you that I have to start with the letter, E. You'll understand why shortly.

The letter E stands for experience God.

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. ... For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light ..." Ephesians 2:1-2, 8

Before you can pass along a Godly legacy, you have to have it for yourself. You have to claim His salvation and relationship then live it out in your everyday life.

Friend, if you have never made Jesus the Savior, Lord, Leader, and Boss of your life, this is your first step toward a Christian heritage.


I accepted Christ when I was eleven years old during a revival service at my home church. I have continued to learn what it means to not only make Him Savior but also Lord. This means He is in control of my life. I look to Him for guidance and try my best to obey what He calls me to do. My relationship with God through Jesus now compels me to share with those around me, so they might also have a relationship and future.

As I began to think about passing along this Christian heritage, I first analyzed myself. Have I had this salvation experience with God? Have I accepted the salvation He offers to me through His Son? Am I continuing to work on this relationship through studying God's Word and following its instructions?

I can't give what I don't have.

I suggest to you that you might consider the questions above. Can you answer yes to the questions?

We'll consider the L in Legacy tomorrow.

No comments: