Saturday, March 18, 2017

Friends Don't Let Friends Miss God

We make friends in all areas of our lives - neighborhood, work, church, and maybe even the grocery store. But do I care for them equally when it comes to their spiritual health?

I tend to take care of those closest to me and forget my responsibility to everyone I know. I mean, come on, you mean I have a responsibility to share Christ with that lady whose line I go through every time I'm at Walmart? I don't really know her.

I believe I would hear a resounding yes to my question. Let me think about it another way. Do I care about that person's eternity? The fact remains that what I tell a person about Christ might be the difference between whether they find salvation or not.

God would have me to share with everyone I know. And to make things even more complicated, He would encourage me to get to know others so I can share with them too.

It isn't God's desire that anyone should miss eternity with Him. But the decision falls on each individual to accept Christ, the Way. In another section of scripture it asks - but how will they know unless someone tells them? Indeed. Enter God's plan for me. Share Christ with everyone.

So it is my responsibility to try to make sure that my friends and acquaintances don't miss God. At least as far as I'm concerned, I must tell them.

As I write this, many faces pop onto the screen of my mind. I've still got some work to do.

What about you? Is there someone you need to make sure doesn't miss God?

No comments: