Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Bride for the Sheriff

Jewell Tweedt really delivers in her book, A Bride for the Sheriff. By really delivers I mean that this book has so much to offer. There are distinctive characters set against an historical background. You'll find a combination of suspense and romance. Tweedt will leave you waiting eagerly for the next installment of this Nebraska Brides series.



The idea for A Bride for the Sheriff came to me in an unusual place, my hotel room in Las Vegas, Nevada  15 years ago. Usually when people think of Las Vegas an image of bright lights, dinging slot machines, loud people and an abundance of adult beverages comes to mind. To me it is noisy and pretentious. I much prefer the quiet, wide open spaces of the Midwest.
 At that time I was a buyer for a large Midwestern department store chain and was in the city for business. I’d put in a long day of reviewing merchandise and writing orders. By night all I wanted to do was go back to my room, put up my feet and fall into a good book. 
The paperback I had with me didn’t hold my attention and I got to thinking I could do better. Now I laugh at that because I have learned that writing is a very difficult process. I wrote the first chapters quickly, tucked them in my briefcase and when I returned to Omaha tucked them in a drawer and forgot about them.

Several years later I retrieved them, started over, incorporated some experiences I’d had and A Bride for the Sheriff is the result. My hope is that readers will be entertained with a story of a woman’s struggle in a man’s world, and be reminded that women can overcome challenges with faith and hard work and even learn a bit about frontier history. I used family names and my home town of Omaha, Nebraska as a tribute to that wild frontier town and my pioneer heritage and because it was just plain fun. I hope readers enjoy the story.  



Jewell Tweedt was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, the setting for the Nebraska Brides series. She lives in western Iowa and divides her time between teaching middle school students and writing. In her spare time she reads, gardens and grades papers. Lots of papers.  Readers can learn more about Jewell and her books at http://www.tweedtjewell.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Jewell Tweedt said...

Thank you for hosting me today. I look forward to hearing from folks and promise to answer questions as promptly as possible. Anyone else home today because is snow?
At least I am getting some writing done on a new WIP

Jewell Tweedt said...

Of course I mean because of snow. I'm using my phone.

Jewell Tweedt said...

Good morning! It's 6:30 and -6 degrees in western Iowa. Today I'm teaching westward expansion in my eighth grade class. So for fun I will ask you their first question. What trail went through Council Bluffs/Omaha?