Thursday, January 23, 2014

IT'S ALL RIGHT TO BE HUMAN

That was the first line from the Jesus Calling book for today, January 23rd. As I read it, I sighed and smiled. I just know there are many days that God looks at me and shakes His head, wondering when I will rely upon Him.

You see, I am human with my frailties and inattention, but God understands. He came to the earth in human form so I could know that I have a Savior that sympathizes and empathizes. He knows the distractions and frustrations that I face. He knows that the world is always calling me to be human and be okay with it.

The good news is that though I'm human, I have access to a God that is divine, and because He lives inside of me through the presence of the Holy Spirit, I can trust in Him to help me through. I don't have to give in to that human side and what it may want to entice me to do.

Now, some people may use this humanness to cover over mistakes. They say: I'm only human. This proclamation isn't a "get out of jail free" card for me to throw when I don't want to own up to letting the human side of me win.

Everyday and every moment I have to make the choice to practice His presence in my life, letting Him work through me. It's all right to be human, but I must recognize that because I am, I need the Lord present in my life each and every second.

As the verse says: I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength. Without Him and in my total humanness, I can't accomplish much, at least not much of importance. But, when I put my ordinary next to His extra, what do I get? Extraordinary. (A frequent quote from my hubby/pastor)

Let's keep our attention on Him and His will for our lives. Let's allow Him to guide us so we're more than only human. The old is gone, and the new has come. We can be new creations led by the supernal.

1 comment:

Brooksie said...

That was awesome! There are times this human feels bad about herself. I just don't feel worthy. But God told me that He is in me and a part of me, so how can I not be worthy?
I can't imagine being a human and dealing with everything without Jesus. No wonder society is in the shape it's in.