Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Passion

In Rick Warren's book, The Purpose Driven Life, he states: "God wants to say something to the world through me." This is a point Warren gives for readers to ponder.

Earlier in that same chapter he says: "God gives us different passions so that everything he wants done in the world will get done."

Christian friend, consider for a moment that God - the God of the universe - wants to say something to the world through you. God desires for you to communicate to others about Him in your own unique way. The second quote hints at this. He has given all of us different passions - gifts and abilities that really spark us into action.

Personally, I feel that spark when I write Christian fiction to share with others the truths God instills in me through life experiences. This is the way God speaks through me.

This writing passion isn't for everyone. Notice the quote says that God gives us different passions. The world can't be reached through just one avenue. My passion will strike a chord with some, and your passion will strike a chord with others. Together, we reach the world and accomplish what God wants done.

It's so easy, especially during this time of year, to lose sight of what really matters. Only what is done for the Kingdom of God will last. Any other endeavors are futile and have no lasting value.

This Christmas season let's give God the gift of our availability, letting Him use us to speak to the world in our own unique way.

What passion has God given to you to share with the world?

3 comments:

Eileen Rife said...

Yes, kindred spirit, I share your writing passion. When I try to get away from it, God gently nudges me back.

Anonymous said...

The passion God has given me is telling children about Him and His love, and helping families know what being a Christian family is all about. Mom, I am proud of you for using your passion for Him, and thank you for encouraging me in the passion He has given me.

Brooksie said...

I see the passion of writing as a privilege as well as a blessing. And its one not to take lightly. God entrusts it to us, so we need to sacrifice our time and worldly desires to do it. Look at what Jesus sacrificed for us.