Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home Again! Not MIA

Despite the fact that I haven't posted here in awhile, I am not missing in action. I actually had the opportunity to see my daughter graduate and have a week at the beach. Read on for the highlights.

After twelve years of homeschooling, my daughter graduated this year. Since she didn't have the opportunity to be involved in the things other public school kids get to do like homecoming dances and proms, we had always planned to let her graduate with her peers. So, we traveled to Pensacola, Florida where she walked across the stage to receive her diploma from A Beka Academy.


Here we are - proud Mama and Daddy standing with our graduate. She is also wearing a medal for straight A's.

She made some new friends.


Sunday morning we were awakened by the fire alarm. What a way to say Happy Mother's Day!


We all stood out in our pajamas until the firemen came to OK us back inside. We did meet some new friends while standing in the parking lot waiting. Proof that you can run into other brothers and sisters in Christ and feel just like family.


Here is Daddy and daughter goofing off on the balcony of our condo. Look at that ocean!


Here I am posing with my honey.

A fantastic trip despite the fire alarm and the Hammerhead shark that swam right next to the shore for awhile. The water was a bit cool for me anyway - good excuse to not take a swim with the big fish.

Sitting in my beach chair I read several books which I will be sharing with you soon.

A break at the beach is always relaxing, but it is good to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had a great time, but I'm also glad you all are back home safe and sound.
Beautiful pictures. I hope you all got plenty of rest and recharged. Too bad I couldn't fit in your briefcase. LOL
-Brooke

Joan A. said...

Love the pictures! I'm sure you are very proud of her--all straight A's! Looks like a great time...makes me wish my son's graduation was in sunny Florida too! :)