Saturday, January 12, 2013

Plan, plan, plan.

Are you a planner and organizer? I can be a little fanatical when it comes to organization. Everything has its place, and I want it to be there. This works out well until someone messes with my organization. What do you mean you don't think this is the best place for this?

This just normally spills over into planning. I like to have everything planned out so as to insure the best outcome.

Now, planning and organization aren't bad qualities in and of themselves. But, I know you will find this hard to believe, especially those who really know me, sometimes I can be a little too planned and organized. Ouch! That smarted to say.

God expects me to use the brain I was given in being a good steward of my time and things, but He also warns against getting too wrapped up in planning the future. God knows the road ahead, but Paula doesn't. Argh!

In Sarah Young's book, Jesus Calling, the January 12th entry begins: "Let Me prepare you for the day that stretches before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it." God sees all and knows all. I can only live in this moment. I can plan for my day, but only God knows exactly what will occur. This is why I need to let God be the planner while Paula follows.

Ms. Young continues in this entry to explain that we humans say we would like to see what the future holds so we can plan, but God isn't willing to show us that. But, He will equip us to accomplish everything we face.

So, what's my job? Faith and follow. I have faith in the Ultimate Planner because He has my best interest in mind. His plans are best which means the outcomes will be more than I could have planned for.

Paula can still be a planner and organizer - the plan is to trust God and organize my life by His Model.
  

1 comment:

Brooksie said...

Wow! How often have you hit me between the eyes? Well you've done it again. I too like to have my day planned out. I have the false idea that I have complete control over what happens in my day. Faith and follow is wonderful advice-and less stressful than what I have been doing.