Wednesday, October 17, 2012

LIKE A MASTERPIECE

Over the last few days my family and I have been driving around the East Tennessee area. Oh my, what beautiful fall colors are emerging! This is my favorite time of year. Today as we drove up toward the Gatlinburg area, the Smoky Mountains were just too lovely to even describe. The sky was clear and such a deep hue of blue. The colors painted through the trees ranged from every shade of red, orange, yellow.

Last evening as we drove home, the sunset had made streaks of bright pink across the sky. I just sat there mumbling under my breath.

When I see scenery that takes my breath away, I usually smile at God and say: "What good artistry You had tonight. You do good work."

God is not only a master artist when it comes to nature, but He outdoes Himself on us. We are the only thing made in His image. In Psalms it says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. In Ephesians it says we are His workmanship.

Someone needed to be reminded that you too are His masterpiece. He formed you in your mother's womb and then stepped back and said: "It's good." Then, he broke the mold so that you are unique.

When you marvel at the beauty of God's creation, stop and think. You are another of His beautiful works of art and works of heart.

No comments: