Saturday, July 14, 2012

Did you know that July is National Anti-Boredom Month?

I suppose for school kids this boredom thing might set in during this month since they've been out of school for awhile. But, I can't remember when I was bored the last time. Even when I make a trip to the doctor or have to sit in the hospital with someone, I have a book to read or puzzles to work or even a small notebook to write in. I definitely never get bored at home. There's always something that needs to get done there.

I can remember when my daughter was young, I would pack a bag to stave off boredom for her. That might include a coloring book and crayons. I also had some small quiet games or some small toys to occupy her. If we were riding in a car, I had some games like travel bingo and word games we could play as well as CDs of our favorite sing-along songs.

As you can see, the teacher in me tends to ward off boredom with something educational. I guess I was raised to make good use of every moment.

Did you know that is actually Biblical? We are told to make use of every opportunity because the time is short. Christ's coming is closer today than it was yesterday, and there are still people who need to know about Him. If I truly took advantage of the time I have to share Christ, would I have time to be bored?

So, what do you do to ward off boredom?

And, how will you make use of every opportunity for Christ?

1 comment:

Brooksie said...

I hate to sit still. If God had intended for us to be still, He wouldn't have given us so many joints!