Monday, April 16, 2012

Have you read the little book by Max Lucado called IT'S NOT ABOUT ME?

When I was a child and became a little too full of myself, my mother would say: "I think you need to be taken down a notch or two." Sometimes, I need to hear that ringing in my ears again. I can make writing or any other task or accomplishment suddenly become all about me. But, guess what? It's not about me.
Max Lucado states: "God doesn't need you and me to do His work. We are expedient messengers, ambassadors by His kindness, not by our cleverness."
God has chosen us to be messengers which means we simply share the message He gives. He has allowed us to be His ambassadors which means we represent Him. The spotlight is not meant to be on us to highlight ourselves, but it is to be a reflection of His glory.
Lucado gives two great examples of this: "Pony Express riders didn't take credit for kind letters. Gallery guides don't deserve applause for great art. And we entrusted with the gospel dare not seek applause but best deflect applause. For our message is about Someone else."
"God lets you excel so you can make Him known."
Personally, I need to remind myself daily that any success I have in writing really isn't about me. God allowed me to sign a contract for THE BLESSING SEER to make Himself known not me.
I pray that in everything I do if I need to be taken down a notch or two, that God will remind me that it's not about me.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Paula as I was reading this I had the thought that I never want to forget that God doesn't need me. He chooses me to do his work. I want to be careful to do it - I don't want him to take this wonderful privilege from me because I take it for granted or misuse it. Reminds me of the parable of the talents... Great post!

Brooksie said...

It's about Jesus and not us anyway. We have to be careful and not let pride and arrogance read their ugly heads. If the creater of the universe came as a servant, then what does that say for us?