Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"We talk about heaven being so far away. It is within speaking distance to those who belong there."
D.L. Moody
My daughter has this quote on the small bulletin board above her desk. She put it there as a reminder that God is only a prayer away to her.
Do you love the thought of this? If you are a child of God, your home is heaven. You have a direct line to the Almighty.
There are times heaven seems far away or silent, but we are promised that God is never far away from those who are His. Sometimes, in our flesh, we disconnect the line and try to go on our own. For me, this always results in a 911 call. Lord, help! I've messed up again.
This quote makes a lot of sense when I think about Paul telling us to "pray without ceasing." Christians can walk through life in an attitude of prayer - keeping God constantly on the line.
I suppose heaven can't be too far away if we can just speak and the Lord hears.
If you feel out of touch with God, call home.

No comments: