Sunday, March 4, 2012

The other day the movie, Bambi, was on. I always think about Thumper, the rabbit. Remember this? "My mama always told me, if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."
I was looking through my grandmother's Bible and ran across something she had written down on a little card. I'm not sure where it came from, but I just had to share it.
I Know Something Good About You!
Wouldn't this old world be better
If the folks we meet would say:
"I know something good about you!"
And then treat us just that way?
Wouldn't it be fine and dandy
If each hand clasp warm and true,
carried with it this assurance:
"I know something good about you?"
Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If the good that's in us all
were the only things about us
That folks bothered to recall?
Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If we praised the good we see -
For there's such a lot of goodness
In the worst of you and me?
Wouldn't it be nice to practice
That fine way of thinking, too?
You know something good about me!
I know something good about you!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love that:)And my mama always said the same thing too!

bengalspice said...

Wonderful poem! Made me wish that every time I talked to someone they'd whisper in my ear: ' I know something good about you, him or her.' It made me want to say to everyone. I know something good about you! :-D