Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Have you noticed how grumpy everybody can be? Even at church around our Christian brothers and sisters, we sound like the children of Israel complaining in the wilderness. My husband often says: "We Christians should be the happiest people around because this is as close to hell as we're ever gonna get."
When my husband and I were in seminary, we joked around with each other just as we do today. But, one day my husband had a fellow student pull him aside and ask if we were having marital problems. He interpreted our picking at each other as fussing. I laughed. If my husband and I ever stop picking on each other, that's when something is wrong.
My household is not stuffy and serious. I learned this growing up. Do we secretly use this to cover up problems or hurt? No. I can be just as vocal working out problems or admitting hurt. (I heard that amen from those who know me.) We just love to laugh and have a good time. Is this godly? Yes. When was the last time you read what Paul had to say? Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.
So, come on Christian - If you're happy and you know it, tell your face. You'll be surprised how turning that frown upside-down will improve your attitude - not to mention your witness.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love laughter and we should be bubbling up with it - His joy is our strength! JOY! Yes, we'll all have sadness in our lives, but day-to-day we shouldn't be walking around with frowns on our faces:)