Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lately I've been all across the spectrum in my Christian fiction reading. I've read sweet Amish tales and suspenseful stories.
Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas by Janice Hanna Thompson was a twist on the mail-order bride which fleshed out the truth that we shouldn't get ahead of God.
Unexpected Dismounts by Nancy Rue continued the story of a motorcycle prophet who challenged me to examine whether I'm reaching out to the unlovables.
Yeshua's Bridge by Sandi Rog brought out the harsh persecutions endured by early Christians that made me appreciative and thankful I don't have to face such testing.
The Elite of the Weak by Precarious Yates portrays young adults fighting for those in bondage at the beginning of the End Times.
As I've read these books, I've seen the various giftedness of the authors to write with their own unique voices. What a creative God we have! He's called each writer into their writing ministry, giving them a wide variety of stories.
I thank God that He has decided to include me in this writing ministry. At first I doubted myself, thinking I could never be like some of my favorite authors. But, I'm not supposed to be. God has given me stories that only I can tell in the unique voice and style God has granted to me.
Do you have a story to tell? Your tale may be the one to touch someone who was unreachable by others' stories. Use your God-given gifts and talents to weave it for His glory.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I so agree! God didn't create to look or sound alike, did He? Rather than trying to be like others, we need to polish the gift He gave us. Great reminder, Paula:)