Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Five Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I dated my husband seven years before we married. I've always said - those Tennessee boys are a little slow.
2. I am a sign language interpreter. I sit on a stool at the front of the church and interpret my husband's sermons. Or, do I? I have joked that I could tell jokes through the service and no one would know. Catch me in action at buffalotrailbaptist.org. I'm the one with glasses.
3. I am obsessive about organization and planning. Everything has a place, and it should be there. My husband enjoys testing my salvation by moving objects from their place to see how long it takes me to notice and set it right.
4. Teaching is one of my spiritual gifts. I have written Bible studies and taught them in various settings. I think this is connected with the gift of gab.
5. I recently became a certified fitness instructor. The plan is to once again teach a class at my church like I did in other churches we have served. Church members are surprised that their pastor's wife has pep.

These make up the unique person God made me to be. There is not another person like me now nor has there ever been. My husband would say a hearty "amen!" But, God has a specific plan for me.
How has God put you together? What ablilities, gifts, and experiences has He granted you? He made you that way for a purpose that no one else can accomplish but you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Still would love to see you teaching aerobic:) I am soooo uncoordinated! For me it's easier to spot the gifts in others, but I think that's part of the strengths He's given me. An encourager, a developer. I love helping people grow in their gifts and walk with Him.

Brooksie said...

you rock girlfriend!